Monday, June 04, 2007

Tropical Pancakes

This is something I threw together this morning with some left over ingredients, it worked pretty well.

1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white flour
2 Tbs. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4-1 cup coconut milk
3/4 cup milk
1 egg(optional)
1/4-1/2 cup crushed pineapple (I cuisinarted cubed pineapple)
about 1/4 cup shredded coconut(It's up to you, I eye ball how much I want)

Directions: Mix the dry ingredients together then slowly blend in the milk and the egg. Add the pineapple and shredded coconut. Cook up those bad boys on a skillet over medium low heat. Flip when the bubbles start to pop and stay.

Top with banana, kiwi, strawberries, or any fruit your heart desires. I also added plain yogurt and syrup on top in addition to my bananas, it was a pretty wicked breakfast, and great for the summer season.

No comments: