Monday, June 18, 2007

Gazpacho Soup

Ok, sorry for all the posts, I've been a little busy in the kitchen and want to share(I'll hold off on giving the recipe for the barley pancakes and veggie muffins until later), but I HAVE to post this. This is a super summer time soup, and we used to scarf this down when I was a teenager. Definitely a must on those hot days. Fortunately the hubby doesn't like this so I get it all to myself. This serves four and will last about 3 days in the fridge.

1 clove peeled garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 green pepper, seeded, and quartered
1 small onion quartered
2 large tomatoes
1/2 - 1 cucumber(you decide how much cucumber you like)
1 Tbsp ground almonds
1 cup chicken broth
salt and pepper
1-2 dashes of Worcesteshire sauce
2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley

Put everything in the blender. Hit on. Chill for about 2 hours. Garnish with the parsley.

tips: I sometimes have to blend in batches, just stir everything together in a big bowl afterwards. Leave out the Worcestershire if you don't like the taste. The chilling lets the garlic settle in better.

I sometimes add plain yogurt, which tastes very good too.

2 comments:

QueenScarlett said...

I am going to make this ...this week!

soybeanlover said...

Ohhhh, let me know what you think.