La Yen's 30 minute Dinner: Herbed Salmon with Bulghur and Vegetable Salad
1/2 C bulghur
2 C fresh green beans
2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
Stinky Cheese (feta or whatever), grated or crumbled
1/2 c pine nuts
herbs of your choice
1/2 head romaine lettuce, torn into bites
MMMKKK--start your timer!
1. Put on about 2 C water to boil. When it is boiling, pour 1 C of it over the bulghur and cover it tightly, for about 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425. This should take about 15 minutes.
3. Steam your beans and let them cool down while everything else is cooking.
4. While the oven is preheating, put 2 T of butter and a generous helping of herbs in a baking dish (I use dill, garlic salt, parsley, and dried chives). Put the dish in the oven while it is preheating.
5. Mince the onion and saute it in butter, over medium.
6. When the onion is translucent add the pine nuts and toast for a few minutes.
7. When the oven is close to being preheated the butter should be sizzling and the herbs should be toasty. Add the salmon fillets. Bake for about 5 minutes, turn over, and bake for another 3 minutes or so. Then take out.
8. Fluff up the bulghur, add the onions and pine nuts, chopped tomato, cheese, green beans, and lettuce. Drizzle with oil/juice and toss.