Friday, November 30, 2007

Sticky Rice Stuffing

I also brought this side dish to Bunco last night. I love all the flavors in this. I made this for my visit teachee lunch too... but I don't think they are as into Asian flavor as my bunco group is. I love the flavors of ginger, shitake... and well I'm Asian... so I naturally lean towards the unique flavors on my tongue. (but I will not eat cow's tongue...there's something weird for me about tasting something as it's tasting me)

Sticky Rice Stuffing

3 cups Chicken Stock
2 Tbsp sesame oil
2 cups short grain rice (I used my jasmine rice since I didn't have the short grain)
1/2 lb ground pork
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
2 baby bok choy, coursely chopped (separate bottoms from green leafy tops)
1 (8-oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and coursely chopped
1 (3.2-oz) package shitake mushrooms, chopped
1/3 cup each: soy sauces and dry sherry
3 Tbsp. each minched fresh ginger and chili garlic sauce (I only put 1 Tbsp because I never know if people can't stand the heat)
2 green onions, sliced

Bring stock and sesame oil to a boil in a med saucepan; add rice and bring back to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 min.

While rice is cooking, cook pork in a large skillet until just a little pink remains.

Add celery, carrots and white bok choy bottoms; cook for 10 min, stirring occassionally.

Add vegetable mixture, cooked rice and remaining ingredients to a large bowl and stir well.

Transfer to a 13x9 inch baking dish; cover and refrigerate if not serving immediately.

Reheat, covered, in teh microwave on HIGH for 5-10 min or until very hot. Makes 10-12 servings.

From Raley's Something Extra

No comments: