Holy CRAP! This was good soup, and extremely easy. Even Edamame liked the soup...until he started tasting the spicy in it.
1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1/3 teaspoon salt
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 pinch cayenne pepper(we used red pepper flakes...the spicy kind!)
6-10 bunches fresh spinach, washed and chopped including stems or 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
2 cups chicken broth
3/4 cup plain yogurt
1. Fry up the onions in the butter until clear then add the flour, salt, nutmeg and spicy spice of your choice.
2. Once you can smell the nutmeg add the spinach and broth. Let it all simmer for about 15 min.
3. In batches take to the blender and blend( I used the hand held blender, and it was awesome, but be careful).
4. Once everything is blended add the yogurt and heat until desired eating temperature...DO NOT BOIL.
5. Garnish with lemon if you choose(we didn't take this road).