Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Blender Pancakes

These are wicked good, and after La Yen's very yummy post on how to use wheat storage I've been inspired to share. My mom started making these when I was real young(to use up their something-hundred pounds of wheat storage). I could go on about how good they are, but here is the recipe instead.

1.5 cups buttermilk
.75 cups wheat kernels
2.5 Tbsp. Cornmeal
2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
.25 cup Butter
1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
.5 tsp Baking Soda

Directions :
Put the buttermilk and wheat in the blender and LIQUIFY for three minutes. Add cornmeal, brown sugar, eggs, and butter. Blend for another 30 seconds. Add baking powder and baking soda and blend for another few seconds.

Griddle up those tasty treats.


Extras : Fold in blueberries, chocolate chips, whatever at the end, no blending is required. Other grains also work well, I used pearled barley once, it was gooooooood.

No comments: