This is a recipe I have made several times and I just love it. They are delicious and pretty easy to make. And there's always a good amount of leftovers (for our family) to enjoy for lunch the next day.
Southwest Chicken Wraps
3 cups chopped, cooked chicken
8 ounces picante sauce
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
14 1/2-ounce can black beans, drained
8 flour tortillas
1 medium tomato
1 cup shredded lettuce
2 Tbsp chopped green onions (I've never actually added these)
1/2 cup guacamole
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp chopped fresh cilantro (I don't like cilantro, so I leave this out)
1. Combine chicken, picante sauce, chili powder an dgarlic powder in a large skillet and mix well. Cook over medium heat until heated through, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Add 3/4 cup cheddar and beans to mixture and mix well.
3. Wrap flour tortillas in a kitchen towl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
4. Spoon equal portions of th ehcicken mixture onto each warm tortilla.
5. Chop the tomato. Top chicken mixture with remaining cheddar, lettuce, tomato, geren onions, guacamole, sour cream and cilantro. Roll to enclose filling. Serve immediately.
**If you want a meatless version, replace the chicken with refried beans or red kidney beans, then add grilled peppers and onions and sliced black olives to the filling.