Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Easy summer salad (healthy!)

My husband and I don't care for many vegetables but I found this recipe we both liked very much and surpise, surprise...it includes broccoli! It is truly a miracle to see us eating broccoli. My young kids don't eat meat (due to pickiness) and so this recipe wasn't a hit with them but I hope as they get older, they will enjoy the recipe too. A mother can only hope. Enjoy this easy, healthy and very delicious salad for summer!

Chicken Vegetable Salad

1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt

1/4 cup bottled reduced-fat ranch salad dressing

1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey

1/2 cup chopped broccoli

1/4 cup shredded carrot ( to make this easy, I use the pre-shedded carrots that I store in my freezer)

1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt and salad dressing. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, broccoli, carrot, and, if desired, nuts. Pour yogurt mixture over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and chill up to 24 hours. Makes 4 (small) servings. I suggest you double or triple the recipe.

1 comment:

La Yen said...

Ooh. I am making this for lunch today. Thanks!