Saturday, November 12, 2005

BBQ Beef in the Crock Pot

This is yummy and easy...especially for me... not a big red meat fan...and even less so if I have to touch it. This one - I don't even have to handle it. Plus, the shredded beef is just more palatable for me... never liked huge chunks of flesh. This recipe... is de-freakin-licious. Got this from Ginny Thuesen who kept it from our Enrichment night a 1 year ago... so I don't know who to attribute for this recipe.

BBQ Beef (Slow Cooker)

3 lbs boneless chuck roast
1 ½ cup ketchup
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup red wine vinegar
2 TB Dijon mustard
2 TB Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp liquid smoke flavoring
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp garlic powder

Mix all ingredients and then pour on top of roast in the crock pot.
Low 8-10 hours
High 4-5 hours

When done cooking take roast out and shred with a fork.

Replace roast into crock pot and mix with sauce.

Enjoy!

ps. Becareful on granite counter tops... the first time I used my crock pot it was a chilly day and I had slow-cooked this on high... I have a lovely crack in the granite now...

No comments: