Our Anniversary is tomorrow(woot!) and so I wanted to make a cake. Can't have eggs 'cause of the babe, so I did a search and found this chocolate zucchini cake recipe, which turns out originally came from this recipe. Here is MY version.
1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup light brown sugar(plus more because that's how we roll)
1 tsp vanilla
1(heaping) tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs(or we used egg replacer with milk instead of water)
2 cups flour(1.5 wheat/.5 white)
2ish cups finely shredded zucchini(2 medium sized zucchini)
handful of chocolate chips - you know how much you want, you decide your own
1. Beat sugar, butter and vanilla until creamed. Add in bp, bs(ha ha), salt, and eggs.
2. Beat in flour. The mixture will be fairly dry...that's OK.
3. Add in the zucchini, it'll make the dough much more liquidy. Add chocolate chips.
4. Carmelize some nuts for the top(I did walnuts...just chop some up, throw them in a fry pan with some sugar and saute until the sugar sticks to the nuts)
5. Spoon batter into a greased and floured cake pan. Lightly sprinkle the carmelized nuts on top. Place in the oven at 360 F( I know it was 180C, I think that is 360...right?) for 40-50 min.
I've already tasted some of it, and it is GOOOOOD. This is especially for you, La Yen.