Monday, August 16, 2010

Grandpa's BBQ sauce

This is my grandpa's BBQ sauce recipe and it is great. I've been using it to fulfill cravings, and it's been doing a great job. We usually use it for chicken, but my aunt uses it for hamburgers and steaks, and I've started using it on salad(after I've cooked the sauce).

1 C. Apple Cider Vinegar
1 C. cooking oil(I use olive oil because I have a TON from Costco)
1 tbsp. Worchestershire sauce(soy sauce is a good substitute)
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. paprika
3 tbsp. mustard
15 dashes Tabasco sauce
1 bulb Garlic, minced (yes, a whole bulb. It blends well with time.)
1/4 to 1/2 Medium Onion, chopped fine
2 to 3 tbsp. Ketchup

Mix well and store for several hours before using.
A variation that my father likes is to use a blender to mix all the ingredients.

I also make a huge batch and freeze individual bags of chicken in the sauce, it marinates as it defrosts.

Enjoy!

No comments: