Friday, March 03, 2006

San Francisco Chops

I haven't been great at posting on here, but now that I'm approaching my second trimester and the thought of food doesn't bring me to the verge of "tossing my cookies" (to put it discreetly since this is a food blog), I'll try to include more recipes and comments! And hopefully be trying more recipes!

So here is one we really like. I usually double or even triple the sauce. My husband loves the sauce and wants plenty of it.

San Francisco Chops

4 bone in pork loin chops
1-2 T veg oil
1 garlic clove minced
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup red wine or chicken broth
2 T brown sugar
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 T corn starch
1 T cold water

In skillet brown chops on both sides in oil (sear them). Transfer to crockpot. Add garlic to drippings in pan. Saute for 1 min or until golden. Stir in soy sauce, wine or broth, brown sugar and red pepper flakes. Heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over chops. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 5 1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Combine corn starch and water until smooth; add to crock pot. Cover and cook at least 30 minutes more or until thickened. Serve with rice or potatoes. Yield 4 servings.

No comments: